What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including
your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating
system, referral source, length of visit, page views, your actions on our
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation
to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of
our goods or services);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services,
email notifications and/or newsletters);
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
We do not collect or store any personally identifiable information about users unless you voluntarily provide this information for
example when you:
- Contact us – we may keep a copy of the correspondence
- Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Register to use subscription based services
- Complete a survey for research
The personally identifiable information that we collect will be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose
or purposes for which they are processed.
We will only use the information you provide us to:
- Respond to your questions
- Notify you about changes to our services
- Carry out obligations arising from any contracts we have entered into
- Provide you with relevant information about products or services relating to our
business (or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties) which we think
may be of interest to you. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- Administer the website
- Improve your experience of the website
- Send to you goods purchased on the website
- Enable your use of services purchased on the website
We use this information so that we can improve our sites.
- Persistent cookies: if you log on to a restricted section of our website, we may set a cookie on your device to remember your login details. These cookies stays on your device indefinitely, even after you leave our websites
- Session cookies: we use these to remember your preferences during your visit. Session cookies are stored only temporarily during the browsing sessions and are deleted once the browser is closed
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
You can choose not to submit any personally identifiable information to our website. If you choose to submit information, you have the right to see and correct the information at any time, either by contacting us or, if you have access, using our systems to update your own data.
If you receive communications, such as updates and newsletters from us, you can opt out at any time, by following the instructions in the communication.
You can prevent cookies by accessing the Tools options within your browser. Note that blocking cookies may have a negative impact on the usability of the website and others) and we do not guarantee the website will function fully with cookies disabled.
Where we store your personally identifiable information
Any personally identifiable information that you provide will be stored on secure computers. The data will primarily be stored in the UK, but it may be stored and processed on computers located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) in accordance with current data protection guidelines.
Links to third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
What is a Privacy Notice?
Under data protection law you, as a website user or customer, have specific rights. To communicate these rights to you in a clear and concise manner, we are providing you with this privacy notice.
Who We Are
This website is owned and operated by Emily Gilliland, a sole trader based at 17 Lower Shott, Bookham, Surrey, KT23 4NW.
For the purposes of processing your personal data we are the controller. For any queries relating to your personal data you can contact Emily Gilliland by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0780 312 5545.
The Personal Data We Process and What We Do with It
We record and use the following categories of personal data which may include: Health history, name, date of birth, occupation, address, telephone numbers, email address. Your health details are required for the delivery of our personal training and sports massage services. Your occupation and age may impact the type of services we offer and personal data is required so that we can contact you if required.
Where third parties are used by us to store your personal data (MailChimp, SurveyMonkey & Wordpress), we ensure they are compliant with the data protection law.
Retaining Your Personal Data
We will keep your records for 7 years after the date of your interaction at which time they will be deleted. After the 7 year period only your name will be kept on the system with all other information being deleted so as to maintain financial records.
As we process your personal data, you have certain rights. These are a right of access, a right of rectification, a right of erasure and a right to restrict processing. If you
wish to use this right please contact Emily Gilliland on the details above.
- You may request a copy of your data at any time. Please make such a request in writing or by email using the details shown above. Please provide the following
information: your name, address, telephone number, email address and details of the information you require. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity. For this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address. We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
- If you believe any of the personal data we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us directly and any necessary corrections to your data will be made without undue delay.
- If you believe we should erase your data, please contact us.
- If you wish us to stop storing or using your data, please contact us.
- Where you have provided explicit consent for us to use your data you have a right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Should your personal data that we control be lost, stolen or otherwise breached, where this constitutes a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will contact you without delay. We will explain to you the nature of the breach, who is dealing with the situation and the steps we are taking to deal with it.
If you wish to complain about the way in which your data is being processed you can contact the ICO via their website: www.ico.org.uk
Automated Decision Making and Profiling
We do not use any system which uses automated decision making or profiling in respect of your personal data.
Last updated on 15th January 2019